Preston Evening Time Trials Series
For and on behalf of Cycling Time Trials under their rules and regulations
April to August 2021
A series of time trials organised by Garstang CC, Preston Cycling Club, Ribble Valley Cycling Racing Club and Springfield Financial RT.
Most of the events are open to all riders, with a league for the five organising clubs. You must ride 5 events and marshal at least 1 event to quality for a league prize. For 2022 non-PETTS riders can to qualify the the league as long as they marshal at least 1 event in 5 as well. All riders can nominate an event to marshal via the contact us page on this website or the PrestonPETTS facebook page.
- We will run 14 events in 2022
- The events will all be 10M TT, with each evening competitors being able to ride in 3 categories TT Bike ( Aero bars fitted ) Road Bike ( No Aero Bars ) and 2 up TT
- Their will be three league tables, riders must ride 5 events to qualify for the final league table, in addition they have to have marshalled at least one event.
- On the back of sign on forms we should record the names of those who have marshalled
- In the event of a tie in the league table ie for example two people have the same points tally then fastest average speed is taken into account.
- 2-ups need to be with the same partner
COVID-19 – RISK ASSESSMENT – Covid-19 RA 23 02 22
- Sign-on BILLSBORROW Village Hall.
- The only people at the sign-on table should be officials and when riders are actually signing on and collecting or returning numbers.
- Bring exact money £5 (preferably in an envelope) and own pen.
- No competitor shall be permitted to start the event unless such competitor has affixed to the rear of their machine a working rear red light, either flashing or constant, that is illuminated and in a position that is clearly visible to other road users.
- No competitor shall be permitted to start the event unless such competitor has affixed to the front of their machine a working front white light, either flashing or constant, that is illuminated and in a position that is clearly visible to other road users.
- All competitors must wear a properly affixed helmet which must be of hard/soft shell construction. Helmets should conform to a recognised Standard such as SNELL B95, ANSI Z90.4, AUS/NZS 2063:96, DIN 33-954, CPSC or EN 1078. It is the responsibility of the rider to:
- (a) Select a helmet that offers protection against head injury and does not restrict the rider’s vision or hearing.
- (b) Ensure that the helmet is properly fitted, is undamaged and in good condition.
(i) Any helmet which suffers damage (e.g. in the case of an accident or through mishandling) may no longer afford the same level of protection.
(ii) Cycling Time Trials makes no warranties or representations regarding the adequacy of any standard or the fitness for the purpose of any brand of helmet and will not accept any claims arising from the use of any particular helmet.
(iii) The current British Standard BS 6863 is primarily intended for use by young riders and is not intended to provide a complete specification for helmets for high speed or long distance riding.
- Arrive at the start close to your allotted time and wait in Linnet Avenue NOT on the A6
- After finishing return your number, sign out(own pen) and leave the VH ASAP. Times will be posted on PETTS website ASAP after the event.
- Riders take extra care/caution at Barton Grange GC roundabout.
- Ride with head up at ALL TIMES.
Clubhouse: Bilsborrow Village Hall car park and toilets
Course Record: James Gullen (Pedal Heaven RT) 19:03
Dates: Tuesday evenings, May to August (see dates)
Signing on: 6pm